The Windows Phone 8 update is finally here! Thanks to the new OS capabilities you can now use other applications while Marathon continues to record your data in the background.
This version also adds a few other features that’s been made possible thanks to WP8:
- The new Nokia Maps, including a 3D mode.
- A new wide Live Tile with information about your latest result.
- The ability to open GPX files and save them on the device or share to marathon-mobile.net, Twitter and Facebook.
- The first and currently only app on the Store that can open KML files and view the route on a map.
Got a Windows Phone 7 device? Don’t worry; the app is still available and packed with features. You can read more about them here
Premium with trial ($1.99):
The latest version of Marathon contains a new Live Tile where you can see your achievements, total distance and your latest result directly on the home screen of your device. There’s also a new voice announcement telling you how many minutes and seconds the last kilometer or mile took. Here's the full list of changes:
- A Live Tile containing achievements, total distance and latest result.
- A new pace announcement for the last km or mile.
- A percentage modifier for when your goal is based on track average or a previous result.
- Pace is written as 5:10 for "5 minutes and 10 seconds" rather than 5.16 (5 minutes and 16/100 minutes).
- Any link from the app to www.marathon-mobile.net will include your credentials (so you’ll be logged in automatically).
- Updated a few announcement translations.
- Changed so the system tray (the signal/battery/time bar at the top) is visible.
- Changed the buttons for "Start" and "Resume" to make them more intuitive.
- A few minor bug fixes.
- Performance optimization (increased battery life).
Premium with trial ($1.49):